Monday, June 14, 2010

Running Out of Time

13 days left!!! This trip has seemed so far away for so long and now I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done. I have packed all of the children's clothes for the trip (except Nathan needs a couple more summer outfits) and prepared 18 meals (with my neighbour's help - thanks Trina), which are frozen flat so we can stand them up in the RV freezer. We are now booked in campgrounds to Ottawa, so the trip planner so far is: Revelstoke, Drumheller, Stettler, Lake Diefenbaker (did I spell that right?!), Winnipeg, ThunderBay, Sault Ste. Marie, Tobermory, Dyers Bay, Essex, London, Niagara Falls, Peterborough, Ottawa. After that we are on to Quebec City and then to the maritimes (to see the Woods! - see ya soon Roz!)

Not only do we have to prepare the RV and the things we'll need while in the RV, we also need to figure out paying our bills, feeding the pets and countless other things for the house we leave behind. Thankfully, we have a friend staying in the house (thanks Kevin), a neighbour coming by to help pick the fruit and freeze it for us (thanks Trina), a friend who has wonderful hardworking boys who will come by and cut the lawn when needed (thanks Esther, Ben & Matt) and a Papa who will come and do some remodelling in the children's bedrooms (thanks Dad) while we are gone.

I can't wait to see this beautiful country and so many family and friends we haven't seen for so long. (too many to list everyone, but you know who you are!) Everyone says, 'how will you survive 2 months with your family in an RV?' Honestly, I'm not sure because I've never done it before, but I think it will help us all to get closer, HAHAHA! (cramped quarters and all!) We will certainly learn where our weaknesses are! Seriously, it will be nice to spend some uninterrupted time with my husband and children. No work or school or piano or basketball or hockey schedules to keep.

Well keep reading as we travel and you will see how we survive 2 months in an RV!!! It will be better than any reality TV show!!! ("The Lord God will help me" Isaiah 50:7)


"Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:7

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I can't believe how fast this trip is coming for you! You are going to have such a great time!! Looking forward to following your trip. No, not as a stalker!! :-) LOL

    ReplyDelete